Friday, February 26, 2010

Recognizing Fibromyalgia

What is Fibromyalgia? Merriam Webster defines it as : a chronic disorder characterized by widespread pain, tenderness, and stiffness of muscles and associated connective tissue structures that is typically accompanied by fatigue, headache and sleep disturbances.

For a long time people with this condition were ignored or dismissed as whiners and complainers. It is only recently that it has become recognized - some still deny that it is a true problem. I found this interesting article about the signs and symptoms that you may have this condition: Read HERE.

To me, the slides look like an acupressure chart. I happen to be studying acupressure now and will report back to you as I learn more - I wonder if Fibromyalgia can be helped with acupressure or whether it would be too painful to work directly over the effected areas.

For now, I highly recommend Reflexology to those with Fibromyalgia. It is a way to help relax your entire body without working on those highly sensitive areas which bring you chronic pain.

1 comment: